Inducterm for Induction
- Inducterm is a large molecule that cannot
cross the placental barrier and therefore does not affect the fetus.
- It will decrease significantly disastrous
side effects that currently occur with prostaglandins (i.e. uterine tetany,
fetal distress and very rarely, uterine rupture, fetal or maternal death).
- It will increase patient comfort.
- It can be administered as an office procedure
- It can be given locally with no apparent
major side effects.
- It may decrease the rate of cesarean sections
that currently cause unnecessary morbidity and pain.
- It may decrease overall hospitalization
expenses, for both mothers and babies.